Tuesday, July 25, 2006

4 Months Already?

Posted by Coca

Can't believe it. It's already been four months that I've been on this trip. In commemoration, I sent a email blast out yesterday to my friends. Here is the censored and embellished version!

Gutentag!

So, yes, this is my tri-annual "I'm still alive!!!" notice, either to your joy or dismay. You being the folks who I've, for some reason or another, haven't talked to much since I departed. Chances are, its my fault, judging from the 2 months long queue of emails I still need to respond to.

Today is officially my four month anniversary since I left. Its hard to believe that It's actually been that long since I boarded that plane to Italy. And in four months, I've made it all the way to!...Germany. Not quite as unimpressive as it sounds - in between were two months in Spain, Portugal, Morocco, a run with the bulls in Pamplona, the Love Parade, not to mention other adventures and misadventures. The questions I get the most are what what your favorite (fill in the blank). So, below, are a few of my favorites to appease you question people.

Favorite...
1. City - God, that's hard to say...Granada, Berlin, Bordeaux, Marrakesh, Seville, Porto and Lisbon were all awesome!
2. Drink - Porto Wine...and Belgian Beer!
3. Museum - The Prado in Madrid was manageable and great, the Vatican was just too crowded. The Jewish History Museum in Berlin is amazing if you want to spend a day and learn a ton!
4. Sights - Cinque Terre National Park. Breathtaking beauty!
5. Food - Italian was actually kinda disappointing...i think its cause Italians eat at home, so the restaurants are meant for tourists which means (bleh). Still delicious though. Moroccan food, on the other hand...damn! Berlin was fantastic for its amazing diversity and actually having Vegetarian, Indian, and Thai food.

There, hope you're happy! Now, I've told you what I've been up to, now its your turn. I read all my emails, and eventually, you will get a response. Chances are, you might get a postcard (must more fun to write than emails!) reply. Wouldn't that be something.

Some of you may have forgotten that I have a website, one that definitely needs to be updated more often. check it out! Photos come free!

The End

Nithin Coca

And a photo for your enjoyment!


Bike Riding in San Sebastian, the cliffs of the Cantabrian Sea

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home